We have a track record of success and over 270 students from more than 20 schools choose Northgate Sixth Form every year. From excellent exam results to flourishing personalities, here are some reasons for our widespread appeal:
- Excellent results – Summer of 2019 saw 76% of A Levels graded A* to C, with 25% of the overall entries awarded A* or A.
- The official Government ‘Level 3 Value Added Report’ confirms that Northgate students make significantly better progress than others nationally in A Levels and the Extended Project Qualification.
- Specialist staff – students are taught by teachers that are specialists in their subject.
- First-rate IT and study facilities with a high standard of specialist teaching areas.
- Arts Centre: home to modern dance and drama studios.
- Sports Centre: excellent sports facilities including a 400m athletics track and a fitness centre.
Lots of choices
- Wide range of subjects and possible combinations of subjects – 31 A-Levels, 2 other level 3 qualifications and 7 GCSE’s or equivalent.
- Variety of challenging and fun extra-curricular opportunities: from sports to music to theatre.
There’s help at hand
We’re not going to spoon-feed you, but we don’t expect you to do it all alone.
Here are the many ways we support you:
You’ll be part of a tutor group that meets daily for registration. During this time there will be an opportunity to discuss your academic and personal development.
Any questions or concerns can be discussed in the Sixth Form Office. Mr Alexander is the Head of Sixth Form, with two Assistant Heads; Miss Fowler and Mr Watson. Mrs Nunn, the HLTA with Sixth Form responsibility and Mrs Cheesman, our Admissions Officer are all happy to help.
The Pastoral Officer, Mrs Wright, gives advice on study practices and revision skills.
We understand the sensitive nature of some things. This is why there’s an on-site counsellor and school nurse who are always available and anything discussed is confidential.
Most groups are taught in groups of 18 or less. This allows our teachers to provide a more personal learning experience.
Learning Support Department
Around the clock support for students with specific needs. If you have specific needs please contact Mrs Nunn for an informal discussion. She is also happy to arrange individual visits where necessary.